Did you realise that the majority of us wake up dehydrated? Consider this: sleeping for seven or eight hours a night is a long time without drinking. That’s not even taking into account other circumstances, such as a few too many glasses of alcohol the night before. By the time you wake up, your body is most likely already dehydrated. The good news, on the other hand? This is a simple problem to solve.
Water is usually the ideal way to start the day, there are a variety of different healthy beverages that may help you rehydrate while also energising and boosting your metabolism, giving you the extra kick you need first thing in the morning. Certain beverages can help you lose weight by speeding up your metabolism. If you’re trying to live a healthier lifestyle, you’ll want to know which meals and morning booster drinks help to speed up your metabolism. Coffee, green tea, and high-protein drinks have all been linked to increased metabolism and weight loss. Here are some nutritious morning booster drinks to add to your diet if you’re attempting to lose weight.
Find out which Morning Booster Drinks are ideal to drink first thing in the morning for hydration, hangovers, energy, metabolic boosts, and more.
What do you do first when you wake up in the morning? Are you a fan of a hot cup of coffee or prefer to start your day with a hearty breakfast? If you fall into one of these groups, you should definitely reconsider your morning routine.
Our metabolism is normally slow when we get up in the morning, our stomach pH is high, and we are primarily dehydrated. A large meal or caffeine on an empty stomach can aggravate the issue.
According to Wellness and Lifestyle Coach Luke Coutinho, our stomach and gut become soft like a sponge following a 12-hour overnight fast. It can absorb more nutrients at that time of day, so give it something healthy to eat first thing in the morning.
Morning Booster Drinks that are Good for You
Here are some nutritious morning booster drinks to get your day started.
1) Drink made with honey and cinnamon
Are you having trouble losing weight? Then you’ll benefit from this super-effective honey and cinnamon injection. Honey is well-known for its fat-burning qualities.
When you drink this morning booster drink on an empty stomach, it helps to speed up the body’s metabolism, which is crucial for weight loss. Cinnamon is another fat-burning substance that helps speed up the fat-burning process.
- Combine organic cinnamon powder and honey in a glass.
- Add some warm water to the mix. Stir until all of the honey has dissolved.
- Consume the beverage first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
2) In a bowl of warm water, combine the turmeric and pepper.
While drinking warm water in the morning is helpful, adding a sprinkle of turmeric and pepper to the water can be extremely beneficial to your health.
This simple mixture has more benefits than meets the eye, from aiding digestion to reducing inflammation to combating cancer cells to boosting your health.
- Bring 300-500 mL of water to a boil, then add a piece of lime, turmeric, and pepper, stir well, and serve!
3) Green Tea with Turmeric
In India, turmeric tea is a popular detox drink. This detox tea is believed to aid weight loss, and drinking it will guarantee that you get your daily dose of antioxidants. Green tea contains the most antioxidants of any tea. It has various health benefits and can help you lose weight by improving your metabolism and aiding fat loss. It contains antimicrobial characteristics and, when ingested consistently, increases your immunity. A cup of Turmeric tea in the morning will awaken your senses, and the aroma will make you feel tranquil, allowing you to start the day with a positive attitude.
- Boil green tea leaves for 5 minutes in water.
- Remove the tea from the heat and set it aside to cool.
- Stir in a pinch of turmeric powder. Cinnamon powder or a cinnamon stick might be used. You could add star anise if you like the flavour.
- Drink the liquid after straining it.
4) Green Tea with Cinnamon
If you want to lose weight without going on a rigid diet, try this simple and effective green tea. Cinnamon green tea is beneficial for digestive and stomach problems, as well as improving digestion by enhancing the body’s ability to break down and absorb nutrients in meals. It also benefits heart health by decreasing cholesterol levels.
- Steep tea with a cinnamon stick in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Stir in fresh lemon juice and raw honey.
- Strain the liquid and swallow it.
5) Water with Cucumber and Mint
Cucumber mint water can help with digestion, fat burning, and preventing fluid retention. This water might even assist you in maintaining your body weight. Cucumbers are high in water and can aid in the removal of toxins from the body. Cucumbers are also high in fibre, which aids in a metabolic rate increase.
- Place 1 medium-sized sliced cucumber in a glass or mason jar. Then add 1 lemon, cut fresh.
- Then stir in 1 tablespoon mint leaves and 14 teaspoon ginger powder.
- Shake well with at least 2 litres of coconut water or filtered water.
- This jar should be kept in the refrigerator. When you first wake up in the morning, drink it.
6) Smoothie made with green tea
You can also make a green tea smoothie to cool off in the summer. Green tea can be added to your lassi to make it healthier. This thick smoothie contains numerous health benefits and is an excellent way to incorporate green tea into your diet.
- In a blender, combine milk and yoghurt, then add matcha powder, banana, and sweetener.
- If you don’t have matcha powder, 12 cup brewed and cold green tea would suffice.
- You can thicken the smoothie by adding more yoghurt at this point.
- Blend it all together and drink it chilled.
7) Green Tea with Pineapple
Pineapple green tea is a wonderful fruity weight loss beverage that will help you satisfy your hunger while also helping you lose weight. Pineapple is a low-calorie fruit. It can assist you in remaining energised. Adding apple cider vinegar to this can assist to balance the microorganisms in the intestines. This beverage also aids weight loss and improves metabolism.
- Take half a cup of pineapple juice and combine it with half a cup of warm brewed green tea.
- Toss in 1 tsp apple cider vinegar and whisk well.
- Consume while the tea is still hot.
8) Coconut Water
Coconut water is a superb drink that will keep you hydrated and is healthful as long as it is unsweetened and pure. Its water is high in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants, and has several health benefits. It contains magnesium, which helps to improve insulin sensitivity and lower blood sugar levels. Kidney stones can also be avoided with the use of coconut water. It can also help to lower cholesterol levels.
- It should be drunk directly from green coconuts or from bottles.
- There’s a reason coconut water has just become a health trend in the West.
- It’s high in critical nutrients like potassium and even calcium, and it’s also high in antioxidants that can aid the body fight free radicals and pollutants.
- Start your day with a glass of coconut water (about 250-500 ml).
- To get the most out of coconut water, drink it straight from the coconut.
9) Pomegranate Green Tea
Pomegranate green tea is a sweetened and chilled version of green tea. The antioxidants in this tea contain molecules that can help your skin look better. Pomegranate tea can also help you lose weight.
- Fill a container halfway with pomegranate juice.
- Toss in half a cup of strong green tea that has been pre-brewed and chilled.
- Finally, mix in some chia seeds.
10) Aloe Vera Juice
The juice of aloe vera can aid with stomach problems. This juice’s anti-inflammatory qualities aid in the reduction of gastrointestinal irritation. Staying hydrated is made easier by drinking this juice. This juice is high in nutrients and will aid in increasing organ output. It can aid in the treatment of skin disorders such as dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Aloe vera juice is available online and in stores. However, inspect the product’s quality before purchasing it.
- Look for aloe juice that is 100% pure, organic, and natural.
11) Fruit Smoothies
You may make a simple smoothie for a healthy morning beverage. This fruit smoothie could be used with green tea to enhance your metabolism. This wonderful and healthful drink will just take you 5 minutes to prepare.
- In a blender, combine half a cup of brewed green tea.
- Combine 1/4 cup oats, half cup low-fat yoghurt, half cup banana slices, and half cup mixed berries in a mixing bowl.
- Now, combine all of these ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy.
12) Fruit Juices (Fresh)
You may be as creative as you want with fruit juices, making juice from your favourite fruit or even combining two fruits! Fruits and vegetables such as watermelon, carrot, beetroot, and oranges can be used to make a nutritious and delightful morning beverage. Because it contains a lot of necessary minerals and fibre, it can be highly satisfying and nutritious. Fresh fruit or vegetable juice can never go wrong!
A Quick Tip
- Don’t sweeten your fruit juice with sugar.
13) Detox Water with Cucumber and Mint
This is the drink to take if you want a refreshing start to the day! The only thing to keep in mind is that you must infuse the cucumber and mint in the water at night in order to have a refreshing and flavorful drink in the morning because the flavours will sink in. It’s a great detox beverage that’s also good for your skin.
A Quick Tip
- When making your detox tea, avoid using mint stems.
14) Ginger Tea
When it comes to health benefits, ginger tea is unrivalled. Ginger tea, served hot with a dash of honey, is a great way to relieve bloating and stomach discomfort. This morning booster drinks improves metabolism and is a tried-and-true weight-loss drink.
When you start drinking a cup of ginger tea in the morning on a daily basis, you will notice a difference. The anti-inflammatory benefits of ginger tea are well-known. It’s for this reason that it’s used to treat chronic pain caused by arthritis, rheumatism, and muscle injuries. The tea can calm an upset stomach and relieve stomach pains, as well as provide relief from nausea and vomiting.
A Quick Tip
- Finely chop the ginger to ensure that the flavour is well incorporated.
- Boil 2 cups of boiling water with 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger for around 10 minutes.
- Later on, you can add honey or lime juice to add flavour.
15. Water with Orange and Mint
Because it’s an infused water, you’ll need to infuse the ingredients the night before to enjoy this weight-loss detox drink in the morning. It combines the richness and zesty flavour of orange with the freshness of mint. It’s a delicious morning drink that also aids in the removal of toxins from the body.
A Quick tip:
- Don’t sweeten your water with sugar or other sweeteners.
16) Drink made with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful weight-loss agent, and many health experts recommend starting your day with an apple cider drink. This drink is simple to make because all you have to do is combine 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a large glass of water. It improves digestion, helps with weight loss, and boosts heart health.
A Quick Tip:
- Only drink apple cider vinegar that has been fermented naturally. It should not be added to any juice or beverage that has already been sweetened.
- Apple cider vinegar can help you lose weight, reduce your blood sugar, and eliminate infections in your system,
- This is a powerful cocktail. All you need is 1 tablespoon put into a glass of water in the morning.
- In one cup of water, combine 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, half a teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 pinch cayenne pepper, and honey.
- Drink the tonic after thoroughly mixing it.
17) Green Tea
Green tea is well-known for its health advantages, and there isn’t another beverage that compares! It is a fantastic morning detox drink for weight reduction since it increases weight loss and speeds metabolism. It’s also high in antioxidants and antibacterial qualities, which can help protect the body from infections and maintain a healthy immune system!
Green tea can help you lose weight by boosting your metabolism and providing you with a healthy dose of antioxidants that can aid your immune system and invigorate your body.
A Quick Tip:
- Green tea should only be made with boiling water.
- Bring a cup of water to a boil in a separate pot.
- Allow for a few minutes of simmering after adding a teaspoon and a half of green tea powder.
- Pour into a cup and add lemon or honey once the colour has changed.
18) Weight Loss with Amla Juice and Water
Amla drinks are included in the list of weight-loss detox drinks. Amla juice detoxifies the body, aids digestion, and promotes clear skin, healthy hair, and improved vision. It helps to slow down the ageing process and is necessary for collagen production, which keeps your skin, hair, and immune system in good shape.
They’re wonderful for increasing your metabolism and detoxifying your system first thing in the morning because they’re two of the most commonly used ingredients for your skin and hair. This combination can help avoid the accumulation of toxins and fat in your body, increasing your fat-burning capacity.
A Quick Tip:
- Drink Amla juice first thing in the morning to jumpstart your day.
- In a glass of water, combine around 4-5 tablespoons of aloe vera and amla juice.
- If finding fresh aloe vera and amla juice is difficult, you can buy a ready-made combination of the two.
19) Watered Carom Seeds
Carom seeds (Ajwain) mixed with water are becoming increasingly popular among those looking to lose weight. Drinking ajwain water on an empty stomach will help you lose weight and burn fat around your stomach. A home cure for losing 4-5 kilogrammes in a month is to drink one teaspoon of carom seeds with a hot glass of water.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of carom seeds into a cup of boiling water and stir for 2-3 minutes before drinking.
One of the favourite morning booster drinks is lemonade, and the greatest thing is that it’s really simple to make! It’s one of the most well-known early morning weight-loss drinks, and it’s used by individuals all over the world. Now, when we say lemonade, we’re referring to a drink made just of lemon and water, with no added sugar or sweetener. So, before your morning run, squeeze half a lemon into a glass of water and drink it up!
It’s always a good idea to get a couple of cups of water into your system first thing
in the morning. Infusing it with citrus fruits like lemon is an even better idea. Lemon provides a healthy dose of vitamin C and aids in the detoxification of your body in the morning.
A Quick Tip
Lemonade without sugar is preferable. You can add 1 tbsp honey to it.
- Bring a cup of water to a near-boiling temperature.
- 2 halves of a lemon (1 whole lemon) and 1-2 teaspoons honey, freshly squeezed, into the water, and stir until the water turns hazy.
21) Chia Seeds in Lemon Water
One of the simplest ways to add chia seeds into your diet is to mix them with water to make chia water. One of the most popular morning drinks for weight loss is this combo. It makes a deliciously refreshing drink that’s ideal for drinking first thing in the morning, or before or after a workout when your body requires hydration. To keep your tummy happy, make a large quantity of this lemon water with chia seeds and consume it on a daily basis.
A Quick Tip
- Before adding chia seeds to your lemon water, soak them for at least 30 minutes.
22) Water with Jeera
Drinking Jeera water first thing in the morning may act as therapeutic water that aids digestion, keeps you hydrated, and naturally heals anaemia. It’s a drink that’s been shown to help people lose weight. It also has other amazing benefits, such as cleansing the body by removing impurities and calming hunger hormones. Thymoquinone, found in jeera water, can help to maintain a healthy liver.
A Quick Tip
- Drink this drink on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
23) Watered Coriander Seeds
Coriander is high in antioxidants, which help to lower free radical activity. They help you lose weight and also strengthen your defence system. These morning booster drinks have been revealed to improve digestion. Thus enhancing metabolism and assisting weight reduction.
A Quick Tip
- In the morning, mix a teaspoon of coriander seeds with plain water and drink.
Your internal system depends on what you eat first thing in the morning. If you drink coffee and tea first thing in the morning, you may get stomach problems later in the day. You must be cautious in your decisions. Simply drink a huge glass of warm water if you want to keep it easy.
We hope you found this list of some of the greatest morning booster drinks for weight loss useful. These drinks are simple to make and suitable for the entire family. It would be ideal if you could begin drinking a detox drink every morning and gradually establish it as a habit.